EUCHRE-CORE

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chocolate Maple Porter

I'm on a ski trip in beautiful Colorado this week, so no new music for this post.  I've been drinking some excellent Colorado beer, especially the Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter (the cream soda of beers), so I'm inspired to share pictures of my recent adventures in beer-brewing.  I just finished my first batch of ZILWAUKEE'S BEST, Chocolate Maple Porter, which turned out great.  Malty, a little sweet, and delicious.  Hooray beer! 

Cooking the mash.
Straining the mash before boiling. (note homemade lauter tun)
Giving the wort an ice bath.
Young beer in the fermenter, with blow-off tube.
4 weeks later, first pour!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!! Love the whole process and the results look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the pleasure of having a glass! Delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete